A Message from Mr. Delgado...
Hello, and thank you for visiting us online. We would like to welcome you to San Antonio High School. Our school provides a warm, stimulating environment where students are actively involved in learning, while simultaneously preparing for their futures, and being challenged to meet their potential. It is our goal to prepare students to reach their educational, personal, and career goals when they leave our school.
We also desire to prepare a San Antonio High student to answer questions that have yet to be asked, earn jobs that have yet to be created, and realize dreams that have yet to be dreamt. In other words, we want our students to adequately meet the challenges and embrace the discoveries of the 21st century. This year, we are making strides by providing every student an iPad, and it is changing the way students learn, and adding to what they are capable of doing. Additionally, we are linking the learning of lessons from class to class. It is not unusual to start an assignment in a student's English class and have them finish in their US History class.
This journey has brought a lot to San Antonio in these past two years.
During the 2013-2014 school year, we witnessed:
- The creation of a mascot (GO LIONS!), the hiring of an Activities Director, and the creation of an Associated Student Body.
- The formation of interesting clubs, the pleasure of exciting opportunities (Prom with Claremont High, Every 15 Minutes Drinking and Driving, and our very own Grad Nite at Disneyland), and field trips and guest speakers.
- Academic success by way of our highest passage rates on English and Math portions of CAHSEE (90% and 82%, respectively), as well as meeting 100% of our AYP goals.
The journey of the 2014-2015 school year gave us:
- Recognition as a California Model Continuation School.
- The implementation of a block schedule, where students meet less often for longer periods of time.
- A true 1:1 iPad program where every student learns with an iPad.
- Phasing out Construction (ROP), and phasing in Agriculture Marketing (ROP), where students learn to sell all the food growing in our Plant Justice garden.
- The creation of the Inland Valley League, where we compete against local high schools (e.g. Hillside High, SEEO/Park West High) in intramural sports.
- A WASC visit, where San Antonio completes a self-study and plans for the future. San Antonio finished with the highest accreditation awarded--a 6 year term.
The journey of the 2015-2016 school year gave us:
- Expansion of our league from a 3-team, 2-sport league to a 5-team, 4-sport league.
- Development of the after school ARC--Academic Recovery Center.
- The opening of the ASB Student Store.
- The creation of a brand new Program of Study, which includes 7 new courses to be implemented during the 2016-2017 school year, with such titles as "Journey for Justice," "Designing the American Dream," and "Biology and Community Health."
We want you to join us in this journey. Learning is immeasurably enhanced when parents, industry, higher education, and members of the community embrace the concept that student learning is everyone's responsibility. Together, through shared commitment and accountability, San Antonio students will leave our campus ready to take on the world, in whatever capacity, at whatever stage of their lives.
San Antonio High School